E-1 and E-2 Treaty Visas - Fuller & Fuller LLP

Treaty Trader Visas

We're experts in treaty trader visas.

Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) Nonimmigrant Visa Classification is available for qualified citizens of a country which holds a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States. A qualifying company must be carrying on substantial trade (E-1) or have made substantial investments (E-2) in the United States. The nature and amount of the Trade or Investment is relative to the industry.

E classification is generally obtained through an application made by the company to a U.S. Consulate or Embassy abroad. Unlike many of the other nonimmigrant visa classifications, E visa applications are made directly with the U.S. Consulate or Embassy and do not involve an Immigration and Naturalization Service petition. Once the company is found eligible to sponsor employees for E classification, individual applicants who are nationals of the treaty country may make individual applications for E visa classification. Qualified applicants are offered positions for Managers, Executives and those with specialized knowledge. The visa is generally valid for five (5) years with entries to the U.S. of two (2) years. Specific reciprocity rules for each country may make visa issuance shorter.

Extensions of stay may be obtained through a filing with the Immigration and Naturalization Service and visa revalidations may be made through a new application with the U.S. Consulate or Embassy or through a visa revalidation filing with the Department of State.

Dependents are eligible for "E" nonimmigrant classification for the duration of the principal's classification. "E" spouses are also eligible to apply for work authorization.

Further information on Treaty Traders and Treaty Investors can be found at the Department of State Website.

Get The Visa
Resource Material

Nunc quam arc pretium quis lobortis sem consequat conse tetur diam nunc bibend.

Where and How to Apply for a Treaty Trader Visa?

Contact Fuller and Fuller today to get started on your application.

Awesome Image

Our Process

  • Please reach out to us by email or phone to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.
  • Our attorneys will work with you to select the correct type of temporary nonimmigrant work visa to meet your needs.
  • We will then provide you with a checklist of documents and information needed from the employer and from the prospective foreign national employee. We will also provide you with an estimated flat fee for the case and discuss the filing fees and other disbursement expenses you can anticipate.
  • We will prepare the required documents for your petition or application and will send them to you for review and signature.
  • We will then submit your petition or application to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) or will provide the necessary documents to you to make a personal application to a Consular Officer at a U.S. Consular Post or to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer at a U.S. port of entry.
  • We will track the progress of your case and keep you updated and will provide you with instructions for making and attending a visa interview appointment at a U.S. Consular post (if required). We will also provide both the employer and the prospective foreign national employee with information on the employee’s new immigration status.

How To Prepare

Prior to a consultation with one of our attorneys, please be prepared with the following information so that we can best help you determine how to proceed: A copy of the prospective foreign national employee’s most up-t0-date resume; Information on the prospective foreign national employee’s current U.S. immigration status (if any) and any previous U.S. visas held; and Information on the type and duration of work that the prospective foreign national employee is expected to complete in the U.S.

Frequently asked Questions