H-3 Professional Training Visas - Fuller & Fuller LLP

Professional Training Visa

We're experts in professional training visas.

The H-3 visa allows foreign nationals to temporarily live in the United States in order to complete training that is not available in the foreign national’s country of citizenship. H-3 training can be completed in any field, including, but not limited to commerce, agriculture, finance, government, transportation, business, or other professions. The only exception is that foreign nationals completing medical training are not eligible for H-3 visas. Applicants for an H-3 visa must be sponsored by a U.S. employer or organization and must demonstrate to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) that the foreign national trainee: will not be placed in a position that is in the normal operation of the business and in which U.S. Citizens and resident workers are normally employed; will not engage in productive employment unless such employment is incidental to and necessary to the training; and that the training will benefit the foreign national trainee in pursuing a career outside the United States. An H-3 petition must include a detailed training plan which clearly outlines the proposed training schedule and objectives. Although there is no cap on the number of H-3 Visas issued each year, it is important to consult with an attorney who has experience with business immigration to ensure the proper steps are taken in each phase of the application and petition process.

Get The Visa
Resource Material

Nunc quam arc pretium quis lobortis sem consequat conse tetur diam nunc bibend.

Where and How to Apply for a Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visa?

Contact Fuller and Fuller today to get started on your application.

Awesome Image

Our Process

  • Please reach out to us by email or phone to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.
  • Our attorneys will work with you to confirm that the H-3 visa is the correct visa to meet your needs.
  • We will then provide you with a checklist of documents and information needed from the employer and from the prospective foreign national trainee. We will also provide you with an estimated flat fee for the case and discuss the filing fees and other disbursement expenses you can anticipate.
  • We will prepare the required documents for your petition or application and will send them to you for review and signature.
  • We will then submit your petition or application to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”).
  • We will track the progress of your case and keep you updated and will provide you with instructions for making and attending a visa interview appointment at a U.S. Consular post (if required). We will also provide both the employer and the prospective foreign national trainee with information on the employee’s new immigration status.

How To Prepare

Prior to a consultation with one of our attorneys, please be prepared with the following information so that we can best help you determine how to proceed: A copy of the prospective foreign national trainee’s most up-to-date resume; Information on the prospective foreign national trainee’s current U.S. immigration status (if any) and any previous U.S. visas held; and Information on the type and duration of training that the prospective foreign national trainee is expected to complete in the U.S.

Frequently asked Questions

  • How long can I remain in the U.S. on an H-3 visa?

    You can remain in the U.S. for a period of up to two years.

  • Can my family accompany me? Can they work/attend school?

    Spouses and children under the age of 21 may accompany you to the U.S. in H-4 status. H-4 visa holders may not work. However, both your spouse and children may attend school while in the U.S.